Friday, September 28, 2007

Tea anyone?

Okay, I know I have mentioned a few times how much coffee we have had over here, but I cannot forget the tea. Tea is huge over here. You have all probably heard of High Tea. So there is morning tea, afternoon tea, & High tea. Megan also told me that they refer to meals as Tea. So if you are invited over for tea, it may be lunch or dinner. I have never been much of a tea drinker, but I learned about a few that I like while I have been here.

On Friday, September 21st, Jason, Aaron, Riley & I were on our way to lawn bowl on what looked like a beautiful day. I had yet to learn this past time. About 1 or 2 blocks away from the field, it started to rain. We walked back a block or so, down an alley to a hole-in-the-wall tea place Jason knew about. It turns out that this was a Bohemian tea house owned by Jason's neighbor. It was a very relaxed environment, where guests were invited to stay as long as they want to play cards, study, talk...whatever. It was a neat place. We shared a pot of some form of Chai Tea. I think it was called Ugio Chai Tea or something like that. It was very tasting, with a strong spicy kick of ginger. This place was another that Jason & Megan had touched in some way. They were not only neighbors & friends of the owner, but Jason also helped with the garden outside the tea house.



Earlier in the day Aaron had fun watching after Christian for awhile...




Friday night was the birthday party of one of Megan's dear friends, JJ. JJ is actually from Orange County, so I am hoping we will see her again back here sometime. Jason watched Riley & Christian while Megan, Aaron & I headed out to a local pub for JJ's open mic night. We got to meet a few more of their friends & staff members. We also saw a strange vending machine there that we thought you might get a kick out of.

No comments: